Monday, January 09, 2012

          I aint your N.I.G.G.E.R!!
                                                  
We are the people formally known as niggers. We are our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.  We are the definition of this exploited word which binds us together, through a conspiracy, to weaken our minds. Yes! We are our children’s futures and life style but, yet we appear to be lost in an offence, now endured by our own hand and I’m asking you, to help me to understand.        

You see, I aint and never will be your nigger and I don’t plan to be one today, because my, roots are too strong for that, my, eyes have already cried over that, my, heart  has already bleed over that and kaleidoscopeof dreams are far, far, far too big for that.

Adding insult to injury we as black people we need to learn our history, modern day’s slaves we are but, were the ones who actually take it too far.

You see, we’ve been called nigger for so long, it’s now become our theme song. Second nature, meet and greet. Do you think this is the only way that we can get respect on the streets?

Shocking! Or so it my seems, that were holding on to a statement, and yet we wish to develop and move forward with our dreams. Well, it appears to me that were defeating the purpose of our ancestor’s quest, because every time I hear that line it burns a whole through my chest. Over sighted by the unsighted by the commercial affects, with rappers, comedians and the things they eject. Verbally oppressed and raped from our progress. Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished is that of what Tupac suggests.

Take two steps forward, instead of ten steps back, positive thinking to feed our minds which will engage in a better day for you, and yes I. You see, we are the people formerly known as niggers, we may have had to worked a little bit harder, but at least we can say our efforts have not gone unheeded.

Lets terminate this cycle and not be a victim of our own circumtance. Let the greatness of our race materialize and be publicized for the good things we say instead of the bad. Let this poem ignite the fire in your belly, to the roar in you’re voice and lets not be institutionalized by our own prison walls or cell gates because ……

She aint no N.I.G.G.E.R
He aint no N.I.G.G.E.R 
We aint no N.I.G.G.E.R
I aint no N.I.G.G.E.R

Therefore we are the people formally known as niggers!!

  By Caroline (Poetic Soul) Gbolade ©Copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment